[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Java and trojans: any last words before Netscape 2.0 is out?

 > You risk your system in ten dozen ways you haven't even thought of, every
> day of the year.  This sort of random handwaving tossing together SSL
> implementation flaws, Java, and the mythical concept of a completely
> secure system is not helping anyone.  Silly you.

Agreed.  I find it astounding that so many people are concerned that a single
e-mail could be cracked in 8 days to retrieve a credit card number, yet almost
every day people use their credit card number in payment for services.  If
somebody wanted to get credit card numbers, it would be easier to root through
garbage and collect receipts.  Plus the rooter would get a sample of the
signature.

Cheers, dave